Wednesday, December 14, 2011

AHHHHHH WINTER CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!

OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!!!!! My school just had our winter concerts and they were so amazing<3 We had one during the school day and one in the evening. The during school was a shortened version of the evening one. At the during school one one of my best friend's sister who is also a good friend of mine played "Oh Holy Night" as a solo on clarinet while one of my other friends played piano. They were really, really, really good(: Then for the evening performance one of my best friends played the "Oh Holy Night" solo and my same friend did the piano part. They were really, really, really good too(: Also another one of my friends does ballet and she danced while our school's singers sang the "Sugar Plum Fairy" I was running around like crazy because I'm in 4 of the 7 groups that performed and I had a solo. All the groups that performed were the orchestra, Northeast Singers, girls group, guys group, world percussion, the 7th & 8th grade chorus, and the 6th grade chorus. I'm in the orchestra, Northeast Singers, girls group, and the 7th and 8th grade chorus. For one of the songs that the Northeast Singers, girls group, chorus, and guys group did I played a solo on my flute and it was really good! I was soooo nervous but then I just got up there and played my heart out and I feel really good :D Then, during the chorus songs I was standing next to my one friend (let's call her Fred) and we are altos. When we are standing next to each other we almost always have the correct note between the two of us and together we are really strong singers. The only problem is when you have sopranos singing in your ear and you can't hear yourself. That happened with me and Fred. I was getting really annoyed at those sopranos but they did sound really good so it was hard to stay annoyed for long. During one of the songs that the Northeast singers, girls group, and guys group sang, my friend's tie started singing randomly. I didn't hear it but he was telling me about how his tie just started singing during the song. I would have been so embarrassed if that had been me. Okay so I am the orchestra secretary. My friend "Bob" (from previous posts) is the orchestra vice-president. And one of my other friends is the orchestra President. Right before the evening concert, Bob comes up to me and is like "Okay all you have to do is say your name and that you are the orchestra secretary" so I start freaking out because I have no clue what is going on. Then after a little bit of investigating I find out that the three of us are presenting presents to our band/orchestra director. I'm like okay I can do this, I can do this. The only problem is that I've got stage fright. So near the end of the performance the three of us orchestra officers go up to the front of the stage with the gifts and flowers and the orchestra president had written a little speech that she read. I actually did okay saying my name and I was very proud of myself. I still have no clue what the presents were that we gave him xP Okay so besides us orchestra officers, there are two librarians, one of them is my friend. Then there are band officers. "Phil" (from previous posts) is the vice-president. My friend who did the solo part on the piano is the band president. And another friend of mine is the band secretary. So we are all pretty good friends for the most part. So one of the librarians (she's not my friend.... more like an acquaintance) took the song "12 Days of Christmas" and made up different lyrics to fit with insiders that the band and orchestra have with our band director. She also shortened it to the "10 Days of Christmas." Right after us three orchestra officers gave the gifts, I got a paper shoved in my face and was told to sing what was on the paper. It was us 8 officers and the librarian got two other people to do it to. So we were up there and we sang the 10 Days of Christmas with different lyrics. During the song I started cracking up and I was laughing so hard I couldn't sing. The lyrics were sooo funny xD And of course my friend the band president ad-libbed his lyrics. I'll try to remember them:

On the 1st day of Christmas Mr. Rupnik gave to us 1 band director.
On the 2nd day of Christmas Mr. Rupnik gave to us 2 broken stands and a band director
On the 3rd day of Christmas Mr. Rupnik gave to us 3 trom-aphones, 2 broken stands, and still a band director
On the 4th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us 4 french horns, 3 trom-aphones, 2 broken stands, and Mr. Rupnik's still here
On the 5th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us 5 gold reeds, 4 french horns, 3 trom-aphones, 2 broken stands, and Mr. Rupnik's still here
On the 6th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us (I forgot this one)
On the 7th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us 7 dead fish etc.
On the 8th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us (I forgot this one)
On the 9th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us 9 games of zombie etc.
On the 10th day of Christmas Mr, Rupnik gave to us 10 new songs etc.

So I forget two of the verses but it was really funny xD Right now I'm listening to Civil Rights Movement songs and trying to calm down. I'm soo hyper from these two concerts that I'm probably not going to be able to sleep but I should probably try to sleep at somepoint. I'm not promising anything but I'll try to get the videos of the concert (and pictures of my Christmas tree) and post them. Anywho I think this post is long enough. Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment